Purpose of "reduce FPS loading" in Mainloop

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f703885bd30> #<Tag:0x00007f703885ba88>

Just a quick question, since the description in the doc does not really help me understand it: what exactly does “reduce FPS loading” in the mainloop op do?

When enabled the FPS is greatly reduced so that all other assets like models and textures will be loaded faster

So, just to confirm it: When its true, during the loading phase, the FPS is artificially throttled / reduced, so more computation power can be used to load assets and files (faster). After loading is finished, it resumes with the FPS that is set with the FPS Limit (if set). So, if i use a Loading status op, and just display a black rect during load, the FPS drop shouldnt be visible, right? Correct me if im wrong :slight_smile:

“So, just to confirm it: When its true, during the loading phase, the FPS is artificially throttled / reduced, so more computation power can be used to load assets and files (faster). After loading is finished, it resumes with the FPS that is set with the FPS Limit (if set).”
Yup.

“So, if i use a Loading status op, and just display a black rect during load, the FPS drop shouldnt be visible, right? Correct me if im wrong :slight_smile:
Try it out and get back to us if there seems to be a problem. It’s always hard to say without an example patch.

1 Like