Detached Preview Window - KIND OF SOLVED

it would be totally awesome if we can have the preview output in a seperate window.

in a two screen setup like mine, its a bit tedious. either i have a small preview and see the inspector values or no inspector and a big preview. the second screen stays unused. i’m definetely not aware of the technical difficulties to add this feature :slight_smile:

Hi Wirmachenbunt,
This feature has been requested many times by our community but it won’t be implemented anytime in the near future due to the technical difficulties involved.

kind of working on at least making “open renderer in new window” work properly, though.

Auswahl_048

1 Like

ok, can you post your screenlayout and screen to get an idea how a professional cables patcher works. my 16:10 (1920x1200) screen seems not really suitable for this task.

Screen resolution is 2560 x 1440

The canvas resolution is 1280 x 720 which is fine for me most of the time.
Pressing ctrl+enter is a shortcut to go into full screen, press escape to go back to the editor.

i need a bigger screen then :slight_smile:
this is my desktop when i resize the canvas to 1280x720

hence detaching the canvas would be AWESOME, thanks stephan for working on it.

i’m confused, it sounded like the detached renderer is in development but i just found it via the “play” button. this is exactly what i was looking for :slight_smile:

yeah, might have some sync issues and stuff like that…but maybe works for you the way it is now. will get better…soonish.

1 Like

after working with the external renderer, i can verify the sync issues. i would be happy to test this again if things improve.
on the hand hand, working on a 4k screen now, does the job for me as well.