Cables patch crashes using picker

Weirdly if I check a patch that uses the picker it does not crash. Only when I actively try to use it. Anyone any ideas? I’m trying to use it in combination with a gltf file if that is of any influence.

hey,

could you provide a simple example patch that demonstrates this behaviour? thanks!

best,
stephan/steam

Hi Stephan,

I was working on this file. If I drag the picker into the stream it crashes but not always sometime it lets me do that and it crashes when the mouse enters the viewing area.

gr. Sander

hey,

do you mean like this?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-02 um 15.08.21

note that your mouse-x goes into the first port of the picker, which is “use mouse coordinates”, a boolean, the two mouse inputs should be moved one port to the right, each.

then again, if you enable “use mouse coordinates” you dont need these two inputs in the first place.

best,
stephan/steam

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your reply but although wrongly connected my question was not about the mouse node but the simple act of moving a disconnected picker node into the main stream. This is the error page I get when I do that:

hey, this is fixed on current dev and will be in the next release, thanks for reporting!

Hey that is good to hear, super happy I caught a bug and made Cables a little bit better haha
Was a bit tricky to work around but I managed :smiley:

Keep up the great work, Sander