Ajax Request Authentication

hey guys!
I want to make a REST API query with authentication. For this I wanted to use the AJAX request, and put via ObjectSetString username and password into the header. But unfortunately it doesn’t connect to the API, I don’t get an error thrown or anything.

Am I even on the right track with the AJAX node? Or do I have to pass password and username somewhere else?

Thanks in advance,
miik

hey,

what kind of authentication? you basically will have to do “basic auth” on your own, it might be possible to restructure your url to https://username:password@example.com and that might work.

every other auth you will have to do “on your own” using the headers-array of AjaxRequest

hope that helps.

best,
stephan/steam

Hello, thanks for the fast answer - I tested it with the username:password - but it doesnt work. I find out, that I could use the header with key “Authorization” and Value “Basic MY_BASE_64_Encoded_Username_Password”. I tested it with Postman and this works like a charm, but if I take the “objectsetstring” Node with these values, it doesn´t work out and i don´t really understand why.

I also tried to understand the AjaxRequest Code, but I´m super lost, there I can start to code the Basic Auth. Is it somethere inside the handover from from CABLES.ajax?

hey,

can you send me a simple example-patch so i can take a look? maybe in a PM on discord, username is “steam”.

best,
stephan/steam